Public Waste Agency for Flanders
B-2800 Mechelen, Belgium
Please click here to access a map.
The three-day meeting starts on Tuesday, 17 January 2017, at 9am (registration opens at 8:30am), and closes on Thursday, 19 January 2017, at 6pm.
Please note that participants are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. You should contact your hotel directly and make your reservation as soon as possible. You may consider the following hotels in price-range of 100 to 150 EUR per night:
From Brussels National Airport to Mechelen Train Station
To travel from Brussels National Airport to Mechelen, you may take the train in direction of Antwerp or Amsterdam at the airport. Tickets are available in the train station at the -2 level of the Brussels Airport. The trains depart every hour at h11 and h42. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes. Get off the train at Mechelen station and exit the train station at the center side.
From Mechelen Train Station to OVAM
Turn right after leaving the station and walk towards a row of large office buildings. The OVAM is the 3rd entrance to your right.
From Mechelen Train Station to Brussels National Airport
To travel from Mechelen to Brussels National Airport, take a train indicated with the airport sign. Trains to the airport depart every hour at h07 and h38. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes.
IT Services and Support
Wireless internet access (wi-fi) is available. Please note that the meeting will be paperless. To facilitate the paperless nature of the meetings, participants are requested to ensure the following:
- Each participant should bring a laptop computer containing basic applications, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader and updated antivirus software.
- Laptops should be pre-checked for viruses and confirmed as virus-free prior to arrival at the meetings. Virus free laptops are crucial to the success of a paperless meeting.
- Participants should bring a memory stick that has been pre-checked for viruses for the purpose of transferring documents.
- Laptops should be configured for a standard wireless (wi-fi) connection. If in doubt, please check with your local information technology expert.
- Participants should bring an appropriate adaptor to enable laptops to be connected to Belgian power sockets (please see below).
- When completing the meeting registration form, participants should include a current e-mail address so that they can be sent correspondence relating to the meeting.
Belgium has a temperate maritime climate influenced by the North Sea and Atlantic Ocean, with cool summers and moderate winters. Since the country is small there is little variation in climate from region to region, although the marine influences are less inland. Rainfall is distributed throughout the year with a dryer period from April to September. Especially in fall and winter strong Atlantic low-pressure systems can bring gales and uncomfortable weather. Sometimes easterly winds can cause a more continental type of weather, warm and dry in summer, but cold and clear in winter with temperatures sometimes far below zero.
Meeting participants are kindly requested to bring their own power adaptors. Please click here for information on plugs and electricity.