In order to enable monitoring of the implementation of the Basel Convention by its Parties and to present reports on this matter to the Conference of Parties on a regular basis, the Convention establishes a mechanism for Parties to inform each other, as provided for in Article 13, paragraph 3, of the Basel Convention. This provision states that Parties shall transmit, before the end of each calendar year, a report (i.e. national report) on the previous calendar year containing information as specified under Article 13(3)(a) to 13(3)(i).
The focal point of the Basel Convention, at the national level, is responsible for receiving and submitting information as provided for in Articles 13 and 16.
- COP 10 (Cartagena, 2011): Decision BC-10/14, "National reporting"
- COP 9 (Bali, 2008): Decision IX/13, “National Reporting”
- COP 8 (Nairobi, 2006): Decision VIII/14, “Reporting”
- COP 7 (Geneva, 2004): Decision VII/35, “Transmission of information, including implementation of decision II/12”
- COP 6 (Geneva, 2002): Decision VI/27, “Implementation of decision V/14 on transmission of information”
- COP 5 (Basel, 1999): Decision V/14, “Transmission of information”, and Decision V/15, “Information management and dissemination “
- COP 4 (Kuching, 1998): Decision IV/3, “Transmission of information”
- COP 3 (Geneva, 1995): Decision III/17, “Transmission of information”
- COP 2 (Geneva, 1994): Decision II/17, “Transmission of information”
- COP 1 (Piriapolis, 1992): Decision I/11, “Transmission of information”
Please click here for information on procedure for transmiting National Reports.